Monday, July 6, 2009

I run because...

I started running because I needed a challenge. You know that ancy feeling when things have been the same for a while? I had that. I was pretty much as far from a runner as you could get, so I decided to join Team World Vision and give it a go. It was hard. But I ran a half marathon, raised almost $1500 for Africa, and signed up for the marathon.

I kept running because I liked the benefits, and not just the physical ones. Things like discipline, confidence, deeper relationships with running buddies, prayer time on the path: they all started to come a bit more easily.

Now I run because I can't not. It's become part of who I am. And it's basically synonymous with helping children in Africa. So how could I stop now?

What about you? Why do you run?

No comments: